Monday, June 16, 2014

The World Cup is Cray up Here!

                                                     This is the rich area where I live.
                                                      My area is reallll pretty.
                                      So this is Juan Carlos who is getting baptized this Saturday.

I like green trees and the family we eat with everyday. This picture is minus the grandma and the little sister. Love these folks. My comp is the greatest!
Happy 2 months to meeeeee!!! Well that was either the longest or quickest 2 months of my life! I'm sure that is how most of my mission will go. But I was talking with Hna Cerrato and she only has 5 months left! Which is only THREE transfers. That made me realize I only have NINE transfers after this WHHHAATTTTTT! That's cray folks. Once I learn Spanish, I'm pretty sure this mission is going FLY. And I will be so sad and wish I didn't whine about something as stupid as communicating with others. I read a talk the other day about a general authority who served a mission in Germany and was also having troubles with the language. After praying the thought came to his mind " I didn't call you to speak 'Spanish'. I called  you to serve with all of your heart might mind and strength." This too was revelation for me. Kinda a slap in the face like "duh Lexi, you can just convert people with your beauty." Juuuuuust kidding. But yeah that was great for me to read.

So now to answer your questions:
What did you do this week? I had an absolutely great week! My Spanish really is coming along so great. I'm taking more and more parts in lessons. It's funny to see people turn their heads to try and listen to me but the thing is that they usually do end up understanding me somehow. (ahem. Gift of tongues.) But we invited 2 people to baptism this week! Wahoo! 1 of them is this lady named priscila and she has parkinsons. She is so sweet and it just breaks my heart. But her spirit is so strong and I know she wants to be close to Christ. The other is this 10year old Juan Carlos. He lives with his grandparents who are members. He doesn't understand me but I believe he likes me as a human being. Oh another highlight is on Monday we played games with my fav fam bam who feeds us lunch everyday with our Elders. It was Charades. It's quite hysterical and I just love those people a lot. Sometimes I wouldn't understand a word so elder stuart would have to tell me what it was. What a great way for me to learn more spanish!

Who did you bear your testimony to? I try to bear my testimony in every lesson about everything we teach because a lot of times this is the only thing I can do. But I did bear my testimony to the set two siblings we are teaching about the importance of going to church. They are currently praying for an answer if this church is true but don't feel like they are getting an answer. I told about how I received an answer about serving a mission in church and I really believed that they could find an answer there to but they HAVE to go.... Well I think that is what I said.

What is the best part about being a missionary? Wowie wow wowza. I can't even tell you! Being a missionary is the biggest roller coaster I have ever been on. Every day I just really hate my life and then I go to being the happiest I have ever been knowing that I am building God's kingdom. I think my favorite part about being a missionary is the spirit. You really always have the spirit because your thoughts are so centered on Christ and his atonement. It's incredible! I also love that for the next 16 months I get the amazing opportunity to not ever have to worry about myself. All I have to do is worry about others and I'm walking with Christ people. Every minute of everyday. That's pretty special.

What are you the most grateful for? 2 main things. First the people. I am so grateful for my companion. She is just like my sister and helps me so much! She is so inspired. The members here are so kind to little awkward gringa me. And the people in my district as well. Also as weird as it sounds I am so grateful for how HARD this is. The only way to get closer to Christ and our Heavenly father is through trials. I want so badly to be close with them.

What was the most difficult challenge and how did/do you meet it everyday?
The most difficult challenge I have is Spanish. Because I so badly want to share my love for the people, and the gospel and my knowledge of Christ and how he can help them and how much He loves them. But I get so nervous and frustrated I can't find the words. I know If I will stop worrying and just let God work through me, it would come but I'm having a hard time doing that. It's a work in progress. But I just pray REALLY hard and sing a hymn or think about other missionaries and how they did this so I can too!




How is your Health? Are you taking good care of your self? I'm taking great care of myself! I think I am losing weight walking around a lot. Which is good cuz people here aren't afraid to tell you if you are a gordita and Hna cerrato has made this known to me. haha. But I drink my silver shield, stretch out my back and have distress remedy like candy. It's great. I feel wonderful!
I love this work and I love the Lord. Life is rough but I can get through it. I really do feel your prayers. I can feel the difference. I am so grateful for your support. When I show pictures of you all to people they just die over how lovely we all are. I miss you real cray but only cuz' I'm real lucky. Go and find someone to bring to church this week. God wants his Children to know of his love for them. And that's for all of us to do not just missionaries. You'll be blessed for it LOVEEE YOU!


Hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment