Monday, January 5, 2015

Feliz Año Nuevoooooo!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!


Raise your hand if your mind is blown that 2014 is over? Cuz’ basically I feel like it didn't even happen. But here we are and I am so excited to see what God has in store for me!

Coolest. Story. Ever.  So last Thursday my companion and I left our last visit of the day a little bit late and we were SOOO tired. We get almost back to our house when I realized that I had lost my agenda. Ok, that thing is like the Bible, people.  It has all the numbers, visits, notes, dates, EVERYTHING in it!

We have no choice, we have to retrace our steps to find it. I felt so bad, but my companion is so sweet and wasn't even annoyed with ditsy Hna Sorensen. She understands me. Well, we get all the way back to the house, look inside. Nothing.  gahhhh. I was bugged. So we said a prayer and went back along our way, trusting the Lord will help us find it. Well, we get back to the same spot and still didn't find it. BOooo. So we don't know what we are going to do so decide to just go home. Almost get to our house and this big scary 25 year old man starts to walk towards us. We live by a lot of bars, so usually when this happens in the night, we are scared. So I get all defensive and then he asks us if we had lost a booklet cuz’ he found one. He has my planner!!! It was so cool. Such a miracle. Here are a few things we can learn from this.
1. God has his own timing. Don't let your faith run out. He will provide.
2. Don't judge a book by its cover.
3. Power of prayer. If it's important to you, it's important to God.

Working with the menos-activos is going alright. We are having some family home evenings with them this week and trying to get other members to visit and love them.

Our district meeting was really cool this week because we had a really powerful lesson about the power of fasting. We did one last week and I'm already starting to see the miracles that can come when we truly fast with a  broken heart, pleading with the Lord for help. Fasting=STRENGTH for the soul!

Have I ever told you the oranges are green here? BUttttt they are still called oranges? Why is that?... Also the mosquitos are returning. BOO. We ran every day this week. We have been eating with all the other misisonaries in a member’s house. It's just classic Guatemalan food: tortillas, beans, spaghetti, cream, LOTS OF CHICKEN, uhhhhhh, caldo, rice... etc...

I’ve been thinking of chopping off all my hair short, since it is so dry and ‘weird’ here. Haven’t done it yet. So I've been trying to wash it with shampoo with chili in it. According to all the Latinos that works for dry hair.... it seems to be... I don't know . . . healthy, I still can't decide. Everyone here says NO YOU CANT CUT IT: They have never seen a blondie with curly hair before... the struggle is real. I’ll keep you posted.

10.  Favorite scripture of the week:  So the first part of 4 Nephi is probably one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon,  I decided. The last half is very sad. But the first is just so beautiful! Because everyone is so righteous and obedient and there is no contention in the land. Can you imagine living like that for hundreds of years!? It gives me chills to think about. 

Well I hope you all have a happy little week and enjoy keeping your new year’s goals! Remember the love that God has for you!

Loveeeee

Heremana Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment