Monday, January 26, 2015

Intrevistas

Happy almost February! How is everyone doing in the frozen tundra back home!? The weather here has been kinda weird, like one day I was sweating every ounce of water I had in my body, and the next day I had on my rain boots and a sweater. A.K.A.-- we never know what we should wear.
            To answer your question about the shoes in the package. . . .I was so excited for interviews on Wednesday because I thought for sure I would get them,  but they didn't arrive. But I would  assume that it is kinda large so... it may take more time.
            How are your investigators progressing? Good! Well,  mas o menos... We are kinda struggling to have investigators PROGRESS.  We have lots of nuevos (new ones) and antiguos (old ones) but no one who is really moving towards baptism which is kinda a bummer. But we had a fast to find some, so I know the Lord will bless us.
            Latest and greatest ward function?  Well, on Saturday we had the baptism of FABRIZIO! Oh my.  it was so special!  It was definitely the biggest miracle and tender mercy of the week.  The whole town came. I can' t even describe the joy that was on that boy's face when he entered the water. He has been waiting two years to be baptized, and he finally did it! I have never had such a special baptism. He gave his testimony at the end and I think that the whole branch was crying.
            Also, we went to one of our investigator's birthday parties. I have NEVER eaten so much in my whole life. I think I ate a whole entire leg of a pig. Holy hanna. I'm still recovering. 
            Interesting cultural/country fact?  Well, fun fact. The Quechi people here, well as far as I know, the women anyway, don't wear underwear. So we are out in the boonies this week when I just see a lady take a squat in the middle of the road and lift her corte skirt and just go.... in the middle of the road. So Mom, maybe you should become Quechi and then all your problems will be solved cuz you can just go wherever!!!
Also I will never be grossed out to use a portapotty again because the bathrooms here are like the old fashioned wooden outhouses. But for reals.
            Also, this week we had interviews with President and Hna. Curtiss and the AP's  so... that was fun to see them and E. Griffiths.  I just mentioned to Hna. Curtiss about my hair loss in interviews and she was VERY concerned--I had to laugh a bit. I was in there extra time because she was trying to track down a cure. She told me she is going to get me something to put in my hair because she doesn't want me to come home bald. WOOT WOOT!  I felt a little bad because she has so many other things to worry about bigger than my hair loss, but that was nice.  But interviews etc. were great, and they really motivated me and I just love those people.  I also had divisions with the STLs. I was in Santa Elena for the day with Hermana Ball. She goes home next week and she is super great and always happy.
            It was a pretty normal week here in Poptun. Changes next week! So we will see what God has in store for me. Love you all!


Hna Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment