Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy Halfway

Happpy Monday everybodyyyyyy! 
Burning a skirt to mark our halfway finished day.

I've wanted this Hermanas hair!

We had such a great ward talent night.  My companion and I did a skit, and she was my 'husband'! It was hilarious!
 Funniest thing ever.

Pretty Guatemala -- this is a member's 'yard'.
How re you all doing in the land of America!  This week went by soooo fast, but it was super lovely!
      Biggest. Miracle. Ever.
We have this aaaaancient (been investigating forever) investigator. His name is Fabricio and he is 16. He has been going to church for 2 years, Attends all of the  activities, goes to early morning seminary, visits with the missionaries, and is memorizing the first vision right now for his mission. Needless to say he is an investigator of GOLD. Well, his mother is and Evangelist and does not want to give him permission to be baptized. I feel so bad for the kid. He just cries and has such a desire to do what is right and come unto Christ. It makes me mad at myself for how much I take it for granted. Well lot's of other missionaries have passed through and tried to talk to his mom but she won't budge because she thinks it's to fast. We have been praying and fasting so much, and yesterday we went and brought a member with us. We prayed before for the words to be put in our mouths, and she said YESSSSS!!!! It was so special! We all just cried. The look on Fabricio's face when she asked for the papers to sign was like a million pounds had just been taken off his shoulders. 100% Miracle right there! I'm so excited! He doesn't want to wait two seconds! We are going to have his baptisme on Friday
     Also this week we went to visit a referral from one of the Hermanas in the ward. She is the sister of one of the members. She is super nice and knows a lot about the church from her family. We shared the parable in The Book of Mormon, Alma 32, about the seed being planted in your heart and if it is good it will grow and bear fruit. I have always liked this scripture, but I have never realized how it can be applied in all stages of where we are in the gospel. No matter how little or how much we know, we can always grow and know more. I started to think about when we went to the Redwoods and saw those GIANT trees, and the phrase 'spiritual giant' started to make a lot of sense to me. I love how in this gospel there is always so much room to grow and grow, there isn't an end to it. But on the other end of thing we can start to shrivel a little bit. If we aren't watering and nourishing ourselves we are going to fall into personal apostasy and eventually die. I love the phrase by Pres. Monson, 'Doubt your doubt before you doubt your faith.'  If we have the good seed in our heart, hold onto it tight and keep nourishing it. Trust in God and become a giant Redwood Tree. 
        Yesterday we visited a less active who has been struggling a lot. She is going through a divorce and has some pretty bad emotional sickness. We shared the scripture in Alma 7: 11-13... I think.... But it's about the atonement and how Christ has felt exactly what we feel and knows exactly what we are going through. We asked her what she thought and she shared how grateful she is for the Love that Christ has for us. She explained how she has a testimony that Love is pain. When we really love someone we feel sad or pain when they are sad, we feel pain when they hurt us... and we feel this way because of the great love that we have for them. This scripture talks about how Christ suffered 'afflictions of everykind.' Can you imagine the love he has for us! It's a love we cannot even comprehend! The pain he suffered for us is the perfect example of love for us and also for our Father in Heaven. Sometimes this gospel is hard or painful to do, but we need to follow the example of our Savior and do it because of our Love of our Heavenly Father.
       To answer if I am taking care of myself. . . . Yesssssssssss mother. I'm just Healthy and fatty like Wilber from Charlotte's Web. The only reason I mentioned that the food runs out by Monday, is I need to be a better planner!  I know this is the work of the Lord and I love being a missionary. It is the funniest and most spiritual work in the world!
 Looove you allll!
Herma sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment