Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Six Months to Meeeee!


Helllooooooooo,

Well, This was definitely the roller coaster week of being a missionary. For reals, I was at the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. But through it all I was with my Savior,  and I will always be grateful for that.
So first of all this week,  I learned a lot about agency and how great this gift is  that we have. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for us to become like our Heavenly Father without our right to choose right or wrong. This is why we have trial,s and we all know how strong our trials make us.
I am just more and more amazed at the great love that our Heavenly Father has for us! But also, let me express my deep hate for agency. No. One. Listened. To. Us. This. Week. No one people. Even our recent converts or less actives were busy! We contacted all day everyday. Everything fell through. I wanted to DIIIEEEE. We were so frustrated cuz we were working SO hard and really trying to do all we could, then at the end of the day we just put big fat goose egg zeros next to our champ goals. Aye aye... these people were not using their albedrio very wisely. I just knocked on their door and really wanted to say,  'Hello how are you? My name is Hermana Sorensen and I have for you your salvation!' But apparently people don't go for that, so I stick with leaving  the folletos (brochures), and enjoy people leaving me in the rain. Vaya, I'll see you in judgement. But at the end of the day, I am happy that these fellow brothers and sisters of mine had the CHOICE to choose even if it was wrong -- cuz’ one day they will have another opportunity!

This is me saying 'What up? Do you want to be saved?' and... Anai...
Also, another little ‘Guat’ experience that I will mention since Mom keeps asking. . . not to complain because I am totally fine and I don’t want to focus on the physical side of my life; but on the spiritual. . but,  .my hair is falling out.  A lot.  And all the Nortes hermanas say that it happens.  So, yes, there is that.  And, I have a ton of zits.  So, that is fun also. . but all is well!  Must be the humidity.  I was told to put baking soda on them (the zits. .not my hairs. . ) so I have done so and it seems to help.  I have many spider bites and that is interesting also!  But, no more lice or parasites that I know of at this time!  

This old couple--they are crazy, and I always have a lot of spider bites after our visits with them.

Heidi, Schelder and Brandon's Bautismo!
Andddd the high of the week! Hna Heidy, Schelder and Brandon were all baptized on Saturday! I was such a happy little lady here in Guatemala! Her Husband ended up coming and I about cried when she expressed how baldy she really wants ALL of her family to be members one day. I know it's going to happen. I can just see them all in the temple together someday,  and wanted to cry! I love families and the temple and this gospel!


Zone Activity to Cuevas de las Candelarias

Today we went to the Cuevas de Candelerias.(The Candelarias Caves).   It was really cool and wet and I almost died. I LOVED IT! It was also very humid and sweaty. But I love Guatemala and I just could imagine all of these cool Nephites hiking through the jungle as we were on our way to the caves. I love Guatemala. You people must visit this lovely lugar.
Welllll.... This is my life and I like it a lot.
I know that this gospel is true and So amazing! I am so grateful to be a part of it! Don't forget to use  your agency wisely this week and remember that every decisIon you make will put you that much closer to, or farther from, our Savior, even if it is just a teenie tiny decision.
Feliz tardeeeeeee!
Hna Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment