Monday, July 21, 2014

LOST

Helloooo hello hello hello!!
Holy hanna,  this week fue TAN rapido people! A lot happened... I like it when this happens, it means I was busy.

First things first people guess what happened? I lost my badge! I am DEVASTATED! We had divisions one day so I had 2 bags and we were going to the other hermana's house on the dangerous bus (Cuz' this time we went to her area) and I got off the dang dangerous bus and my badge was gone! AHHHHHH! I feel like- naked- without it. I ordered 2 more; but they said it could be weeks til I get it. BOOOOO!  But it's okay. I have the spirit, What else do I need?

Divisions were good and I learned a lot from Hna. Adair. She helped me with my companionship cuz' I was having problems feeling like I couldn't say stuff to Hna. Munoz since she is the trainer.  For example, when I knew were were maybe not following the schedule etc. exactly right. So, Hma. Adair said I had to be more direct with her. That was my goal this week. And it's a lot better! We have been getting work done and figuring out how to be champ missionaries. Her previous trainer kind of had a different idea of what obedience rules to follow it seems. She actually only has one more change than me, but I told her I want us to baptize the heck out of Los Campos. We ran around all week. It was the BEST!

What was the miracle of the week? Alright, so the best thing happened this week! We got a reference from one of our members!  This lady and her two daughters, Yeah!  They know nothing about the church but have already prayed to know if our church is true and believe it is! So we already set a date with them and everything! Like the first lesson was bomb, we gave them a Book of Mormon and a hymn book and they are so excited to learn! I just looked at them like, lets just go find a stinkin' river right now people, you're ready.

Who is your favorite investigator? My favorite investigators are this lady named Aura and her daughter Rosimery. They are bien pilas! Family, you would LOVE them. They are our kind of people. Like, I die laughing whenever I am with them. I'm 100 percent positive we were BFFS in heaven. But Satan is working on them. They have a fecha but everytime we go they say they aren't sure. I know Satan is working on them cuz' they are progressing so much! 

What is the newest/strangest or most interesting new cultural thing/food/tradition/item that you saw this week?  Hmmmm...... Well I don't actually know. Really guatemalans are just pyscho and  funny.... yeah i donno i need to write them down when I see them cuz I always forget.  The cockroaches are everywhere and they are huge.

How are Sundays going?  What do you do on that day? Oh heck SO much better. I actually enjoy Sundays now. I know this is because of you lovely people! But now that I can communicate it's A LOT better. But guess what folks. Little miss "Language barrier" had to give a  talk in sacrament this week. At first I was like, Okay,  I can do this.  Who cares If I look stupid? Don't worry, . .  Pres. And Hna Curtiss decided to come to OUR ward this week. I was dying! I basically condensed my 10 minute talk down to 2 minutes and then ran to my chair. But apparently everyone could understand me. Short and sweet. It was on mission work so it wasn't too hard except for the Spanish part. . . haha.

What is your schedule with Hermana Munoz? So she had a trainer who got her into some not-so-great habits. But I am helping to whip us back into shape and making sure we are keeping all the rules. It's basically the same; but very different. .  haha. She doesn't talk much, so we actually move through lessons and leave lunch and stuff like that a lot earlier-which I like cuz' before I think we spent too much time in one place. But I'm also trying to learn to relax because she is so relaxed and  I worry about everything!  I need to learn from her. But I LOVE her and hope we are together for another change.

How is the exercise and eating plan going. . . ? Yeah.... I donno I'm trying to eat less. But It would be great if you guys could send me some workouts to do in the mornings. It sucks cuz; i actually get SO full and try and ask for less food but they always give me a ton. So I don't want to eat... but I have to eat. I tried doing the food thing (you know, that move it around on your plate to make it 'look' like you ate a lot. . "  but it's worse. It's better to try and eat fast so I can get it all down or else I feel like I'm gonna puke if I eat to slow. yeah... I'm still figuring that out with the people here.

So as usual, life is wonderful! I really am learning the blessings of completely just forgetting yourself and giving it all to God. That's when miracles happen. Also of having prayers be SUPER specific. I love you all so much. I feel your prayers. Literally I know the reason I am progressing  so fast is because I Have a lot of people worrying and praying for me. I can't express my love! Have a good week my fave peeps! 

Hna Sorensen  (Without a badge-- so I guess I'm just Lexi this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment