Monday, May 12, 2014

Hurrah for Israel!

First - We got to talk to Lex on Sunday. Devin asked me on the way in the house if I was going to cry. Yup...haha It was so good to hear her voice and know she is doing well. We were able to say "Hola" to all the other brothers and sisters there with her...so I don't know if they were on speaker or not, but they all seemed so happy. She kept it right at the 10 minutes and I may or may not have recorded the whole thing so I can listen to her voice when I get homesick for her.

Second - She told us that there are only 40 people at that MTC right now. They were getting a new transfer (or something) this week so her PDay was today instead of tomorrow. (We're totally ok with getting an email a day earlier, right?!)

Third - She also told us that she is leaving the MTC/CCM on Tuesday, May 27!! That is INSANE! I'm so so excited to hear all about the great things she gets to experience out in the field!!

Fourth - The only words I could get out of my mouth was that bringing flat Lexi to my classroom today because my kids had been asking about her. And well, I think it would be fun to take Flat Lexi places and take pictures of her experiencing things here at home. We'll see how well it goes. So here's Lex with my kids! :)


I actually had her facing the wall most of the day for two reasons
A) I didn't want the kids asking me about her all day AND
B) She freaks me out! Haha when I see her out of the corner of my eye it jump EVERY time!! haha
(I really do love you, Yuck!)

Mom was able to talk to Lex for a millisecond while she was on the computer...so there are two parts to the email!

Buenos Dias mi familia! What up?? oh my it was so great to hear your voices on saturday! It was sure sweet and short. 


How has the Book of Mormon helped you this week? Ok people. Are you aware how amazing the book of mormon is?
Like Holy hanna, what have I BEEN doing all my life not reading it everysingle day. One of the things i'm realizing is i don't need to know one stinking thing cuz All i need to do is give people the book of mormon and  they will be converted. I can't say one thing cuz that book is literally my lifeline here and I would really challenge all of you to try and read it with questions in your hear. It really does help. Also preach my gospel has lots of really good study activities. Wow im such a nerd missionary. But really, read it always and be happy.



Tell us more about your companions and what the three of you study together.  What special insights have you gained together?


Ok I have never laughed harder in my life! I LOVE these girls! When I think about leaving them I get teary eyed because the three of us strengthen each other so much. We study different every day. Mainly we read on our own what we will be teaching our investigators and then talk about it afterwards. It's really cool to see their testimonies and learn from them. Hermana Hansen knows the BOM so good and i hope that rubs off on me cuz she has a scripture to EVERYTHING.  One thing that we are learning right now that is really special is that we aren't the teachers the spirit is. It's so cool when we talk about after lessons how someone will ask a question or say something that popped into our heads at the exact same moment. We still have a long way to go but It's great!



Why don't you go around the city at all?  Do you just go straight to the temple and then back in the CCM? Just wondering if it isn't safe or something. . . !?  
The temple is just around the corner from the CCM. I'm going to count my steps tomorrow and tell you how far away it is. It's not that it's not safe to go around the city, it's just that we have no time. We are always learning. The other week they actually took us to the store and the elders had to protect us cuz I've never been creeped on so much in myu life. Like they don't even try to hide it. NO shame they just straight up stare. Also we have guards with guns around the CCM and temple but Idon't really know why cuz Hermano SIan says noone has evertried to break in. But tomorrow they are taking us on a field trip to the market. Wowza I'm so stoked to be outdoors and see more of this pretty country!



Any other special experiences or strides that you have made this week that helped you get ready for the big adventure of heading out into the field on May 27?  What is your biggest accomplishment, with heavenly FAther's miracles of course, so far?


So on tuesday we had a devoitional from Elder Holland. Need I say more? amazing people AMAZING. Anywho, He talked a lot about our purpose as missionaries. He is just so bold and great. I don't know if you guys have ever heard his 'salvation isn't cheap' or something like that but it was kind of like that talk. He just talked about how missions are hard because it was hard for Christ. We are experiencing barely a tiny sliver of what he went through for us. Even less than that. What an honor that I get to become so close to my savior and feel even an ounce of what he did for me. Im so grateful for the atonement and this gospel. I don't feel worthy to do this but I'm so grateful that I get to bring others unto Christ so they can feel of his love for them. I receive miracles every day and I know that if we ask God and his angels are literally walking by our sides. That footprint in the sand story is so accurate. Also I am horrified to go out in the field. I can't sleep at night cuz I think about it. But the other day one of our teachers was telling me all these scary stories about her as a trainer cuz shes a tough lady. And she just said if you’re trying you can't fail. SO very true. I got this. I can't believe on Friday it will be my month mark! I am so blessed
here and I love the gospel so much! Already my life has changed so much and I'm so happy to be here! I pray for you guys every night and I will talk to you at Christmas! I promise I won't cry SO much.... just a little! Hurrah for Israel!

Ps. Go convert someone. The scriptures say so.

 ***Lexi's second email to Mom***

I will work my hardest and take it one day at a time. My spanish gets baby better every day. However I chuckle a little everyday cuz my teachers try to nonchalantly ask how my spanish is going..... it's baby better ok. I've always kind of been a little bit of a slow learner though. I've been trying to speak up in lessons more even though my spanish is so chopped and my companions communicate better. And I have noticed that just cuz I'm trying I will conjugate one word better every time so hopefully I will continue with that. Hermano Sian says my spanish is a lot better than it would be if I was in the provo MTC which is good and also i pray to be positive and friendly every night. And all the latinas love me even though when i try to speak to them it's really rough and 90% of the time they don't understand be but they help me and appreciate my effort and I just use a lot of body language which makes them laugh. I'm really interested to know how my mission in Coban will be. Like how much I will be teaching cuz it's so gigantic and i will be walking a lot. We will see in a few short weeks! I'm the oldie here now! OH also whenever a talk to a latina and tell them my mission is Coban their eyes get all big and they say really unsure oh.... uh... it's so beautiful there! hahah wahoo! Adventure here I come! But don't worry for me madre cuz elder Oroscow in my district is a champion MMA fighter and so basically he's got my back. He's super calm and way sweet so it's way funny to picture him fighting. He's like famous here and all the teachers have seen his videos on youtube. So if you wanna look him up his name is Lucas Oroscow.... yeah that's weird. Anywho i love my district. Also Hermana Garcia is my fave and she is becoming a lawyer right now and may move to Provo.... Are you thinking what Im thinkin? cuz I'm thinking zac should marry her.... I'm just saying. I love her a lot. Also I was really depressed not to get a picture of lennyn.. or

of anything this week. Muy triste mama. Por favor send me those. Also I learned a game that you should play with your children. Hermano Sian taught it to us. I’m really loud and laugh really loud and happy here so I’m trying to work on that. Gotta find the line between happiness and driving away the spirit. But people still love me. Life is so great. XIXOXOXO go watch the best 2 years. Cuz that is my life. Ok love you bye! Have a good week!
***
Doesn't she sound so great?! Pray for her language ability to come easier. Every time I think about it I remember the part on The Other Side of Heaven where he stayed out on that rock forever to learn the language and I surely don't want her to go through that! 
Here's a link to watch that Elder do MMA!



No comments:

Post a Comment